Join Our Team
Job Description: Warehouse Associate
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
As a Warehouse Associate, you are part of the team that puts together orders and ships them out to clients. Working with the rest of the Warehouse team you will receive, put together, and get orders ready to ship so that products make it out on time. As a vital part of our team, you are a great team player but can also work individually on given projects. Communication is key and you act as a liaison from the warehouse to other departments in the company. You have excellent attention to detail that is utilized to correctly store or ship products. This position is Non-Exempt and paid at an hourly rate depending on experience.
Essential Job Functions:
The information provided below encompasses the functions and capabilities linked with this position.
- Read’s customers’ work orders or pick tickets to determine what items need to be moved, gathered, or shipped
- Drives forklift truck within safety guidelines to move or organize materials/products to and from receiving areas to storage shelves or other designated areas including delivery trucks
- Sorts and places materials or products on racks or shelves according to predetermined sequences such as brand name, product type or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets per customer specification
- Wraps pallets with plastic material and marks pallets with identifying customer information
- Records amounts of materials or products shipped on bills of landing or pick tickets
- Assists with maintaining the cleanliness and orderly state of the warehouse
- Conducts counts and records inventory on a quarterly basis
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of HACCP, Hazard Communication, Forklift and Aerial lift programs, and all other safety procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of GMPs, allergens, and other trainings required including sanitation and safety programs.
- Participates in plant sanitation projects, mandatory training, and overtime work as needed.
- When requested, provide timely and accurate reports/information
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced setting and be able to multi-task
- Other tasks as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or one-year related experience or training
- Previous Warehouse experience is preferred; if not training will be provided. Candidates must be willing to learn new skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other important information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure whether it be using whole numbers, fractions or decimals.
- Forklift certification is preferred
- Any food manufacturing industry experience is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long hours. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Beaverton Foods Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this position, please email Zach Coshow: email@example.com
- Include the position you’re applying for as the subject line of your email
- Attach a resume (no need for a cover letter)
- Provide the best way to contact you and your availability to start work
For any other questions about the hiring process, call or email the Human Resources Department:
Zach Coshow | Human Resources